What you’ll learn
- How to use Docker and Compose on your machine for better software building and testing.
Build a fancy multi-node Swarm cluster for production deployments!
Skills to build advanced development environments with your code running in containers.
- Update and change your Swarm Services without downtime using rolling updates.
- Hand’s-on with best practices for making Dockerfiles and Compose files like a Pro!
- Experience using multi-host logging and event monitoring for Docker Swarm.
- Build and publish your own custom images.
- Understand the new Windows Containers, and try your hand at ARM Containers.
- No paid software required – Just install your favorite text editor and browser!
- Local admin access to install Docker for Mac/Windows/Linux.
- Understand terminal or command prompt basics.
- Linux basics like shells, SSH, and package managers. (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Know the basics of creating a server in the cloud (on any provider). (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Understand the basics of web and database servers. (how they typically communicate, IP’s, ports, etc.)
- Have a GitHub and Docker Hub account.
Be ready for the Dockerized future, where nearly all software is developed and deployed in containers. Welcome to the most complete and up-to-date course for learning and using Docker end-to-end, from development and testing, to deployment and production. Taught by a Docker Captain and DevOps consultant.
- Software developers, sysadmins, IT pros, and operators at any skill level.
- Anyone who makes, deploys, or operates software on servers.
Created by Bret Fisher, Docker Captain Program
Size: 1.98 GB