In this course, you will :
- Go from a total beginner to a confident Python programmer.
- Create 10 real-world Python programs (no toy programs).
- Solidify your skills with bonus practice activities throughout the course.
- Create an app that translates English words.
- Create a web-mapping app on the browser.
- Create a portfolio website and publish it on a real server.
- Create a desktop app for storing data for books.
- Create a webcam video app that detects moving objects.
- Create a web scraper.
- Create a data visualization app.
- Create a database app.
- Create a geocoding web app.
- Create a website blocker.
- Send automated emails.
- Analyze and visualize data.
- Use Python to schedule programs based on computer events..
- Learn OOP (Object-Oriented Programming).
- Learn GUIs (Graphical-User Interfaces).
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- No prior knowledge of Python is required.
- No previous programming experience needed.
If you don’t know anything about Python, do not worry! In the first 12 sections, you will learn Python basics such as functions, loops, and conditionals and learn how to apply the basics by doing some examples. If you already know the basics, then the first 12 sections can serve as a refresher. The other 20 sections focus entirely on building real-world applications. The applications you will build cover a wide range of interesting topics:
- Web applications
- Desktop applications
- Database applications
- Web scraping
- Web mapping
- Data analysis
- Data visualization
- Computer vision
- Object-Oriented Programming
Specifically, the 10 Python applications you will build are:
- A program that returns English-word definitions
- A program that blocks access to distracting websites
- A web map visualizing volcanoes and population data
- A portfolio website
- A desktop-graphical program with a database backend
- A webcam motion detector
- A web scraper of real estate data
- An interactive web graph
- A database web application
- A web service that converts addresses to geographic coordinates
To consider yourself a professional programmer you need to know how to make professional programs and there’s no other course that teaches you that, so join thousands of other students who have successfully applied their Python skills in the real world. Sign up and start learning the amazing Python programming language today!
Who this course is for:
- Those with no prior knowledge of Python.
- Those who know Python basics and want to master Python.
Created by Ardit Sulce
Last updated 4/2020
Size: 5.26 GB